I had the opportunity to interview Elizabeth Gummerie the President of the Santa Cruaz Film Festival
May 6, 2013
April 30, 2013
April 13, 2013
April 9, 2013
September 12, 2012
March 6, 2011
Unemployment is where I was since August 2010. I got laid off for reasons that aren’t important but I was looking. I hit the pavement and knocked on doors and I got bolder and bolder as time moved on. If I met someone for the first time I’d introduce myself and than just ask “you know anyone hiring?
I heard a song that goes “when you got nothing-you got nothing to lose”. It’s true. I didn’t care what they thought I went into interviews with the attitude that it doesn’t matter because someone is always better than me and DO I REALLY WANT TO WORK HERE.
A lot of the hiring can be done right on the spot but managers want to screen people carefully. I had to wait 8 months before getting hired and for all those phone calls to finally come in. As a public service to you readers I will give you some rules.
1. work on YOU and your wardrobe
2. Talk to everybody you know about work
3. Meet new people and talk about work
4. Find what works for you and WORK IT
5. email jobs everywhere
6. Hit the pavement and give your resumes to everyone
7. Give your resumes to managers
8. Collect phone numbers and emails of prospects
9. Be professional
10. work on you again but be flexible
Now with a job, I got to just take it one day at a time because the reality is I can get fired and there is no job security unless you own the company. For REAL.
November 2, 2010
October 15, 2010
Where were you born
When were you born?
On August 16th.
Model and Singer/Songwriter.
City of residence.
How many Languages you speak
Portuguese and English.
First time to the United States. What was your first impression of it has it changed
That the U.S. smells different… today when I travel to Brazil and come back, I still think it’s smells different.
3 things about taking out a woman that you want men to know (please educate us)
1. Flowers are awesome.
2. Make a plan. Don’t wait till the last minute to ask us where do we want to go.
3. Find out something we would love to do but have never done before. That will make for an unforgettable time together.
If me and you were going to go to Brazil to visit what we do when we get there.
Go to a Churrascaria (Steak house). I’m always hungry for churrasco…
Here’s a timeline of one day starting from 6:00 AM till whatever time you want to stop fill in what you would do
By this time I am usually on the road driving to work or on location for a shoot.
Getting my hair and makeup done.
Taking care of my emails from work while getting hair and makeup done, I usually carry my laptop around.
Starting to shoot.
Lots of changes, fixing the clothes.
How do I say? I love adrienne and because I love her she’s beautiful everyday in portuguese?
Eu amo a Adrienne porque ela e linda todos os dias. 😀
What is a common misconception about Brazil?
Someone once asked me if there were a lot of elephants in my neighborhood.
You also do photography tell us 5 things that every photographer should know
I’m just a beginner, I photograph because I think the world is so beautiful and I love taking photos of my friends. This is what I have learned so far:
1. If your are photographing a model (specially someone that is just starting), try to be as understanding as possible. Sometimes critics can take take their confidence away and make the shoot harder for both of you.
2. Don’t be picky, most of the time the best photos are the ones that were not planned.
3. You don’t need really expensive equipment to have an awesome shoot.
4. You have a style of your own that no one else has.
5. When using photoshop don’t over do it. People are beautifully unique and that shouldn’t be taken away.
You also sing. Can you tell us a little about that, when did you start singing. First song you sang.
The first song I ever sang was called Impetus, it’s was a dance track recorded for an electronic artist in 2008. After that we’ve worked on 4 more tracks but they were never finished.
This year I started writing my own music and I just finished recording a song called ‘Goodbye’. I am honored to be working with 2 incredible musicians.
A hair color you haven’t tried yet is_________________
Pray for something that would make the world a better place.
I pray for love because most people forgot what love is… and that’s why we live in the crazy world we live in right now.
3 things about your personality that would make somebody love you?
1. I’m always smiling.
2. I’m always joking.
3. And if I get mad, 5 minutes later I forget why I was mad. (This may also be called Alzheimer).😀
Something about where you were born that you’d like the world to know about.
There is so much beauty and culture in Brazil. Every city there has something different that you won’t find it anywhere else in the world.
Best thing about Being Adrienne Ferreira
Is having my mom as a mom
August 14, 2010
5. It’s Robert Nesta Marley
4. Tuff Gong was his nickname
3. Simmer Down was a song telling the Rude boys to simmer down.
2. Judy Mowatt, Marcia Griffiths and Rita Marley are the I Threes
1. Trench town Rock was the Wailers First hit record.
August 11, 2010
WHO: May Marrs, but everyone I know calls me Maisy!
Born: May 19, 1983
Where were you born? – on a waterbed in an apartment building that has since turned into a Ritz Carlton. Coconut Grove, FL.